Women on Mission is an organization for women who are age 18 and up. Through Women on Mission, a woman can recognize her status in Christ and reach beyond herself to global vision as she fulfills Christ’s mission purpose in her life. The ladies in Women on Missions learn about missions through our monthly programs and the monthly magazine‘Mission Mosaic’. We pray for and give to missions and participate in mission projects and activities.
- Mission Offerings – We facilitate and promote the Annie Armstrong, Lottie Moon, and Georgia Barnett offerings by placing envelopes and prayer guides in the bulletins.
- World Day of Prayer – The first Monday in November of each year we host an association wide day of prayer and help our WMU Director with the program.
- Family Resource Clinic ( a pregnancy crisis center ) – We give a monthly donation plus all the change we collect in the baby bottles provided by the center. Some of our members volunteer at the center.
- Nursing Home Ministry – Each May we give a birthday “party” for the residents of Harvest Manor. Those having birthdays that month are given a gift, and cake is served to all the residents.
- Friendship House in New Orleans – We visited this ministry and presented them with a gift card to Wal-Mart for supplies.
- Food Pantry – We collect nonperishable food for the pantry. Some members help in boxing up and distributing the food.
- Louisiana Women’s Correctional Institute – In October, we take part in a ministry sponsored by our state WMU in which we visit LWCI and distribute boxes of hygiene products to all inmates.
- Shut-ins – We hold some of our meetings in the homes of those who are homebound.
Ladies, the possibilities are limitless if you have a heart for missions! We usually meet on the second Tuesday of each month for a program centered around a particular missionary.
I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you.
Ruth’s Refuge is a ministry to widows during grief as they face problems for which they are unprepared. Our objective is to be available at a time when widows have the most demands and the least ability to deal with them.
We meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 10:00 am in the church fellowship hall for uplifting fellowship and refreshments. All widows in the community are invited to join us.
The Prayer Chain includes eight groups (chains) of women who provide the ministry of intercessory prayer. Prayer request originate with a phone call or email to one of the contact women for the ministry or the church office. Requests are passed down each of the eight chains.
If you would like to be a part of this ministry, please contact the office.